Sunday, August 2, 2015

Thanks For The Memories.

It feels like far more than nine months since I started this journey. I remember frantically editing my ILC application essays on ten separate occasions before I could entertain the idea of submitting them. I remember a late night call from Don, telling me that I would be applying to VSA before my ILC interview since Vanderbilt has extremely early deadlines. I remember sitting in an almost empty classroom, breathlessly waiting for the interview panelists to reveal their decision to us, hugging the people who were to be in my cohort, all the ILC events, and gathering around Don at 2 AM on the night of our departure.

All of this feels like mere hours ago, instead of months.

The campus tours opened my mind up to so many possibilities in the types of colleges I would be considering. I was previously just thinking about applying to schools in California, New York and Massachusetts, but this trip opened up possibilities for me in the south. I now know how large I want my future university to be, what type of housing arrangement I would prefer, as well how urban I would like it to be. 

The weeks I spent at Vanderbilt included some of the most intellectually simulating days of my life. I found myself hanging off of Monte's every word since I found medical anthropology so fascinating. VSA was packed with incredible activities, and I can honestly say that I was never bored. I could travel to the city around the campus, paint, play sports, write, explore the campus, and do so much more. Every day was vastly different from the one before, and I can't possibly choose my favorite day or my favorite lesson. I feel so privileged to have been a part of this fantastic program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Translate