Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Beginning, Once More

This morning I was woken up at 6:00 when I started coughing and couldn't stop (thank you, illness-that-won't-go-away). I got back to sleep at 6:30, and was then woken up at 7:00 when my alarm went off, which was supposed to remind me to get up and get ready for the ILC tutorial I had to go to. I, of course, immediately switched off my alarm and went back to sleep. Oops. I finally got up at 7:30, rushed to get ready, and made sure not to forget to grab my camera on the way out the door, twenty minutes later.

I and my sister Helen arrived at De Anza High School with ten minutes to spare--plenty of time. When the tutorial started at 8:30, Don was irritated because one person hadn't shown up yet, and he hates when people are late. Then he realized that he had just miscounted, and everyone was here. Whew, crisis averted! 

Don started off the tutorial by handing out giant packets to everyone that basically covered everything we needed to know and do as ILCers. After an hour of explaining how to do everything, we set to work on our first practice blogs (in between losing internet access and cursing the computers). I read Deborah's over her shoulder and put up with her consistently typing "Fwennie" on her draft. (She claimed it was all the faulty keyboard, of course.) After making sure we all knew how to format our blogs, we went outside to take pictures to put on our blogs.
Helen getting ready to take pictures

All in all, by the end of the tutorial I felt confident that my memories of blogging had been sufficiently refreshed, and was looking forward to my trip to Vanderbilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Translate